Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Monday, July 4, 2011

Say Yes to No!

Peabut butter no bake cookies that is.

As soon as I mentioned to my husband that Lu and I would be running a "no bake" series he immediately asked for peanut butter no bakes. My husband never asks for or eats sweets so I knew that if these cookies were something he wanted that they had to be good.

Fortunately for him I saved a recipe that I found at The Girl Who Ate Everything. Unfortunately for him, the recipe I planned didn't turn out quite so hot.

Here's what happend.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 cups quick cooking oats
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

Bring butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa to a boil for one minute. To make sure cookies set up properly wait until mixture comes to a complete FULL boil and then start the timer for one minute. Remove from heat.

Add peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir well and drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Let them set up and cool.

Problem?

I did all of this- and made sure the ingredients vame to a full boil. Hours later I  gave up and put them in the thr fridge. They set up and we ate them,  but the cookies I took out of the fridge went right back to their gooey state. So we kept them in the fridge and ate them out of there.

Does anyone know what happened?

1 comment:

  1. Boo! I've been having that problem with my recipes...the downside of the no bake is that they don't settle! what do they define "full boil" as?

    ReplyDelete