Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Thursday, July 14, 2011

No-Bake Blueberry Pie

This recipe comes from my dear friend Shelly/Lyric over at Life is a Many Splendored Thing.

I'll share her recipe with you but I have to postpone the picture because I made the pie before I want to bed, and my nephew ate the entire pie by morning so I didn't get the chance to take a picture.

You can subsitute homemade blueberry filling, like I did, since blueberries are in season. Basically you boil blueberries, a tad bit of flour or that clear gel stuff, water and sugar for a few minutes. I found that 2 containers of blueberries made enough for one pie. I think with homemade filling you get the soursweet taste of the fresh berries and I really like that

Makes 2 pies.

Fixins:

blueberry pie filling
tub of  whipped cream (can also make homemade)
2 graham cracker crusts (I always make mine)
1 cream cheese brick
1 bag of powdered sugar

Steps:

Make the crusts. Mix together the softened cream cheese and the sugar. Divide mixture between crusts. Top with berry filling. Chill for at least an hour. Top with half of the whipped cream. Garnish as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment