Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Banana Upside Down Cake

For my birthday cake this year I made a banana upside down cake. I made the same banana cake I used in the triple threat challenge with the addition of 1 tsp of cinnamon. Before pouring the cake in the pan, I mixed together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. I spread that in the pan and topped it with slices of banana. I poured the cake batter over that.

I'm baking at my friend's house and she didn't have cake pans so I filled two of her pie pans with the batter. Only one pan had the bananas on the bottom.




After the cakes cooled I stacked them and frosted them with fluffy peanut butter frosting. I decided to pour dark chocolate ganache on top but in the end I wish I hadn't because the ganache was to heavy and rich. This cake is really light. If I made it again, I'd leave off the ganache but add some cinnamon to the brown sugar and butter mixture. I, also, think that if frosted it should be a cinnamon frosting.




No comments:

Post a Comment