Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cinnamon Rolls are Challenging!

Our newest challenge was to make cinnamon rolls. I had a good bit of strawberries sitting in my fridge so I searched Pinterest for some tasty ideas and found this one!

From scratch cinnamon rolls take a lot longer than I anticipated!

Some of my rolls didn't rise as much as I thought they would (research says whole wheat flour rises less) and I think this recipe doesn't make enough of the filling as most of my rolls were not deliciously cinnamon-y until you got to the dead center. However, the frosting and strawberry filling were spot on. The strawberries mixed with cream cheese and cinnamon was a heavenly combination.



As much as I hate the ingredient lists on a lot the pre-made cinnamon roll dough, it would be very easy (and delicious) to "cheat" by using the pre-made dough and spreading in some strawberries!

Lu, let me see your cinnamon rolls :)


No comments:

Post a Comment