Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Friday, January 9, 2015

In the Kitchen Goals

This year I want to learn and do:


1. Make vegetable stock regularly.
- I can and do make chicken stock pretty often but I haven't tried making vegetable stock yet.

2. Learn to make beef gravy.

- I have no problems with chicken gravy but for some reason my beef gravy just doesn't turn out right.

3. Make a fried dessert.

-Being oven-less, I figured this is a good way to try and get some baking in. Doughnuts, beignets...any other ideas?

4. Make a rice cooker cake.

-Another option for the oven-less. I gotta learn how to read the buttons first.

5. Try brownie pancakes (with peanut butter sauce?).

-Noticing a theme here? I'm wondering if I can use brownie batter to make pancakes with since I don't care for the texture of microwave brownies.

6. Learn to make tortillas.

-I've made tortillas before but they were a bit on the dry side. I want to perfect the recipe so when I go home I can have tacos and burritos galore.

7. Learn how to make a Korean dish from scratch.

-I really want to learn how to make dakgalbi and miso soup so that Mike can have his two favorite Korean foods after we move home.

No comments:

Post a Comment