I hada Tupperware party a few weeks ago and made these yummy empandas with a recipe I found on Pillsbury's website. I made them with a Tupperware Empanada press (also caled a piergoi or pastie press, depending on your cuisine of choice)
The following is the recipe as I made them:
1/2 roll refrigarator pb cookie dough
4oz softened cream cheese
2 refrigarator pie crusts
1 egg, beaten
3/4 bag of pb chips
3/4 bag of semi sweet choc chips
3 tablespoons Crisco
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix together the cookie dough and cream cheese until smooth and set aside.
2. Unroll pie cruss and cut into circles with either the empanda press or round cookie cutter.
3. Place tablespoon cookie dough on circle and crimp cut.
4. Fold in half and crimp closed, brush with beaten egg.
5. Bake 12-16 minutes. Let cool in pan, 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack for 15.
6. Melt pb chips and 1.5 tablespoons crisco in the microwave, stir well. Dip half of empananda in the pb mixture. Let harden and then repeat the process with the chocolate chips.
These got rave reviews. One girl said the soft cookie inside was almost like cake. These are definitely worth a shot!
PS: I'm still concocting a recipe for my "Rachel" cupcakes.