Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Monday, February 28, 2011

A is for Apple Muffins!

I found the recipe for these muffins on Finding Joy in My Kitchen. I followed the recipe (except for swirling in some honey when I stirred in the apples)but I'll share it here for convienience sake.



Topping
2 tablespoons brown sugar1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dry1 C whole wheat flour 1 C all purpose flour1 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt
Wet

3/4 C brown sugar
1 cup apple sauce
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk, I used 1 cup of milk mixed with 1 tsp vinegar
1 choppped apple, I used gala

Mix wet and dry ingredients in seperate bowls and then combine. Stir in apples.Fill muffin wells and then sprinkle with topping.  Bake at 375F for 23 minutes. I got 18 muffins from this recipe.



The muffins turned out to be smaller than I expected but, I actaully like this size because I can easily eat them for dessert or a small snack.
Lu's Challenge: Your challenge is to make something that starts with the letter B! That could be banana something or other, bread pudding, butterscotch whatchamacallit, butter cookies, breadsticks, blondies, black bean brownies,  brittle, baked alaska, banoffe pie, butter rum thisorthat, baklava, blackberry cobbler, biscotti, black forest triffles, buttermilk vanilla bean cake,  bourbon doused goodness, blueberry thingies or whatever else you think of- just make it start with B! Good luck, and I await my next challenge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment