Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ooey Goey Butter Cookies

This wasn't a challenge but I made them for two ladies at Mike's work so I thought I'd share. It's a Paula Deen recipe (of course it is! it's got butter in the name!) I doubled the recipe and made around 70 cookies, but I'm giving you the recipe for a single batch

okay, they don't look so attractive in big ziploc bags but I promise they taste good


Ingredients:

1 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar
1- 18 oz box of moise chocolate cake mix (I used Butter Fudge Cake mix by Duncan Hines the first time and Super Moist Triple Chocolate by Betty Crocker this time)
1- 8 oz brick of room temperature cream cheese
1 egg
1 stick room temperature butter

Steps:

1. Beat cream chz and butter until smooth.
2.Beat in the egg.
3. Beat in vanilla.
4. Beat in cake mix.
5.Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350F. Roll into tablespoon sized balls.
7. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Place 1.5 inches apart on a greased/sprayed pan.
8. Cook for 13 minutes. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar if desired.





9. Clean up the late night kitchen mess:


The results?

They were just as fabulous as I remembered! I portioned away ten or so for us to have at home and they're almost all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment