Two best friends, baking and blogging across the miles

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fresh Peach Turnovers

Oh man!

These puppies are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Luisa challenged me to make a turnover, my choice of flavor. I looked at nutella, blackberry, apple, cherry and mango recipes.

And then I walked through Aldi and could smell the fresh peaches. I had to have them. I had to have them seasoned with nutmeg and enveloped in warm flaky dough.

holy moly

I would make these just to be able to drink the "juice" from cooking the peaches in nutmeg and cinnamon. Mostly the nutmeg. I love that stuff.

I am also a huge fan of using fresh fruit whenever possible. It is so much...well fresher.

I used my handy dandy "empanada maker" to shape the pastries and it worked fabulolusly.

You can find the recipe here: http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-peach-turnovers-126965?layout=desktop

PS: these are 17 year old nephew approved. (not saying much since the kid puts sugar in his grits!)

No comments:

Post a Comment